CTD Multiparameter Probe
The CTD probe is a very small and handy microprocessor controlled multiparameter memory probe for for limnologic and oceanographic measurement with up to 4 sensors and for depth up to 6000 m. It measures conductivity, temperature, pressure and one optional parameter.
Data are stored in a standard flash memory card with a capacity limited to 128 Mbytes by the internal firmware. Up to 3 000 000 CTD data sets can be recorded on this memory.
The CTD probe allows operation in different modes:
- Continuous mode: each data set is stored.
- Time mode: data sets are only stored at programmable intervals with several selectable schemes.
- Increment mode: data sets are stored at programmable depth increments, up to 255 files can be stored without the need for data retrieval in between
- Online mode (RS-232 – on multiconductor cables)
The CTD probe is equipped with a 4 channel data acquisition system with 20 bit resolution. Data output is 16 bit. A high long-term stability and automatic self-calibration of the analogue digital converter guarantees stable and precise CTD measurements for many years.
The probe power supply is activated by touching a reed contact with a magnetic rod. LED displays power supply status and optical control of memory access.
The supplied Standard Data Acquisition Software package “SST-SDA” includes the handling of the logging process and the display of online or recorded data with a shared graphic user interface. The “SST-SDA” is a part of our shipment.
- Conductivity (С)
- Temperature (T)
- Pressure (D)
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Redox (OPR)
- sound velocity
- Kappa 25 mS/cm
- low weight
- easy handling
- up to 4 sensors on the bottom cap
- non-corrosive titanium housing (titanium)
- depth range up to 6000 m
- SDA data acquisition software running under various versions of Microsoft Windows (a part of the shipment)
- calculations according to UNESCO formulae